Stephen McGarry, BA, MA, JD, LLM (Taxation) has a broad background in international law, global business and the Internet. As in-house counsel for a Fortune 200 company, he was responsible for compliance in over 50 countries. His experience and expertise with building global professional services networks, including World Services Group (WSG) and Lex Mundi, is unmatched. As the founder of WSG he grew it to more than 21,000 professionals in over 650 offices. As the founder he grew Lex Mundi to become the world’s largest law firm network whose 160 members now have 21,000 attorneys in 600 offices. They are the world’s two largest networks after the “Big Four” accounting firms. With 6 networks, McGarry initiated AILFN (Association of International Law Firm Networks) in 2015. McGarry has spotted future trends – particularly on legal practice and the Internet. At the dawn of the Internet in 1994 he conceived of HG.org, a site for all the world’s law-related information. Today, HG.org is one of the world’s largest non-subscription legal sites with more than 10 million pages of edited content. McGarry has written on the global legal profession. He was admitted by exam to the state bars of Minnesota, Texas and Louisiana.
stay in touch
Get our latest Interviews & Leadership Briefings by email – subscribe here:
Recent News & Updates
- In the #Spotlight: Dorf & Nelson Leadership Embraces The Future – And The Future Is Bright
- HPC Global Summit Presents #CafeConLourdes: A Live Interview with Sonia Zeledon of The Hershey Company
- In the #Spotlight: Exploring The Powerful Capabilities of COVER by iCONECT
- HPC Presents A Cybersecurity Cheat Sheet For General Counsel And The C-Suite By Leading Cyber Expert Chuck Brooks
- In the #Spotlight: Dorf & Nelson – Growing US Law Firm First To Receive Gender Fair Designation
- In the #Spotlight: Ian Campbell On Redaction Requirements And The Growing Role of iCONECT COVER To Meet Them
- HPC Launches Global GC Summit and Interactive Digital Village For The Modern Legal Industry
- White Paper: Privacy Matters – Solving The Many Challenges of Personal Information in Discovery with AI Enhanced Privilege Review
- In the #Spotlight: Dorf & Nelson Expands US Footprint With Key Litigation Hires
- HPC Presents #SelfiesWithSonya: Benjamin F. Wilson, Chairman – Beveridge & Diamond P.C.
- Can Walmart beat Amazon at the delivery game? Listening to Bloomberg today - some know they can. Similarly, the end… https://t.co/ZBuNOfFcSL
- #CafeConLourdes: Interview with Elisa D. Garcia C. https://t.co/eCjHtPWauo https://t.co/cafQUK4AiV
- #CafeConLourdes: Interview with Elisa D. Garcia C.
- We publish the best in the modern legal business. In their words - not ours. It's what we do. Follow:… https://t.co/qZZLfUD6Jo
- This past week we took further important steps forward in re-thinking what we know as the justice system, bringing… https://t.co/r1aHFbMODt
- #GuiseOnJustice - Pennies from Heaven… by Tony Guise https://t.co/0prdkXf8hp https://t.co/zX4g9BI5DS
- #LegallyThinking : How can innovation make life easier for lawyers? The tech we want versus the tech we need - by S… https://t.co/hFsQkZeF4D
- #GuiseOnJustice – Pennies from Heaven… by Tony Guise