Category: Diversity & Inclusion
High Performance Counsel Presents #SELFIESWITHSONYA: Jennifer Salinas of Lenovo – and President of the Hispanic National Bar Association – In Interview With Sonya Olds Som
High Performance Counsel Presents #SELFIESWITHSONYA: Jennifer Salinas of Lenovo – and President of the Hispanic National Bar Association – In Interview With Sonya Olds Som #hipcounselRead More
High Performance Counsel Presents #SelfiesWithSonya: Meredith Ritchie: General Counsel & Chief Ethics Officer for Alliant In Interview With Sonya Olds Som
On #SelfiesWithSonya: Meredith Ritchie: General Counsel & Chief Ethics Officer for Alliant In Interview With Sonya Olds Som For High Performance Counsel #hipcounselRead More
On #SelfiesWithSonya: Raymond R. Ferrell, EVP General Counsel & Corporate Secretary with DexYP – In Interview With Sonya Olds Som for High Performance Counsel
On #SelfiesWithSonya: Raymond R. Ferrell, EVP General Counsel & Corporate Secretary with DexYP – In Interview With Sonya Olds Som for High Performance Counsel. #hipcounselRead More
On #SelfiesWithSonya: LaTanya Langley – Vice President & General Counsel of BIC International – In Interview With Sonya Olds Som
As I child, I always new I would be a lawyer. I was obsessed with court shows and I often had trials with my dolls. Women’s rights was always an agenda for me even at a young age.Read More
We interview Sonya Olds Som aka “The Connector” in our latest episode of #BakersDozen.
A consummate professional herself, Sonya is a source of advice, insight and inspiration to countless legal professionals in today’s legal industry.
We like what Sonya is about. We think you will also. This is a must-read.
Sonya Olds Som, Partner at Major, Lindsey & Africa, Honored as Executive of the Year by the National Bar Association General Counsel Invitational
Sonya Olds Som, a partner with legal search firm Major, Lindsey & Africa (MLA), has been honored as “Executive of the Year” by the National Bar Association General Counsel Invitational (NBA GCI) at its third annual conference in New York City.Read More
The Alliance for Equality in Dispute Resolution (The Alliance), established by Rashda Rana SC and Lucy Greenwood, today announced the date of the formal launch in London. High Performance Counsel to act as Media PartnerRead More
David is enjoying a wonderful career and has been blessed with opportunities for which some wait their entire careers. He’s marshaled several multibillion dollar deals through the regulatory processes.Read More
The legal profession has a dismal record on diversity—especially large law firms. Between 2007 and 2015, there was a decline in the number of black attorneys in big firms.Read More
Those who think gender diversity on boards is merely “for the sake of diversity” can learn from Cisco’s example – our expert Contributors argue. Olga V. Mack and Neha Sareen make the connection between how business is done – and good business. They point to industry leader Cisco, where innovation in tech is matched by innovation in corporate culture. Cisco is one of the few companies that has recognized the importance of gender diversity on its board: when diverse leaders make big picture decisions, corporate culture thrives, and corporate growth follows. You can read their analysis here.Read More
Usually what we think of as “impossible” is merely “improbable,” and achieving it is just a question of strategy.Read More
Nancy May, CEO of the BoardBench Companies, is a leading authority on Boardroom candidacy and governance. In this article, she invites us to take a look at how you can go about finding “diverse directors.” Keep in mind that, if you don’t know what you value, setting clear objectives and finding practical solutions will always make the process much harder.Read More
Nancy May: CEO, BoardBench Companies Tell me, simply: What’s the purpose of being in...Read More
I worked in one of Canada’s largest law firms as a Director of Finance in mid 200s and went back to law school as a second career in 2008. I never wrote the bar and decided instead to start…Read More
stay in touch
Get our latest Interviews & Leadership Briefings by email – subscribe here:
Recent News & Updates
- In the #Spotlight: Dorf & Nelson Leadership Embraces The Future – And The Future Is Bright
- HPC Global Summit Presents #CafeConLourdes: A Live Interview with Sonia Zeledon of The Hershey Company
- In the #Spotlight: Exploring The Powerful Capabilities of COVER by iCONECT
- HPC Presents A Cybersecurity Cheat Sheet For General Counsel And The C-Suite By Leading Cyber Expert Chuck Brooks
- In the #Spotlight: Dorf & Nelson – Growing US Law Firm First To Receive Gender Fair Designation
- In the #Spotlight: Ian Campbell On Redaction Requirements And The Growing Role of iCONECT COVER To Meet Them
- HPC Launches Global GC Summit and Interactive Digital Village For The Modern Legal Industry
- White Paper: Privacy Matters – Solving The Many Challenges of Personal Information in Discovery with AI Enhanced Privilege Review
- In the #Spotlight: Dorf & Nelson Expands US Footprint With Key Litigation Hires
- HPC Presents #SelfiesWithSonya: Benjamin F. Wilson, Chairman – Beveridge & Diamond P.C.
- #GuiseOnJustice: Winning in the Small Claims Track (Court) in England and Wales! https://t.co/VtFyQgwBnk https://t.co/KoVoG8VJoI
- #GuiseOnJustice: Winning in the Small Claims Track (Court) in England and Wales!
- On HPC #GlobalCounsel: A Peek into Hong Kong Autonomy Act https://t.co/BoQgoCCqGI https://t.co/kwVZqHpNU9
- On HPC #GlobalCounsel: A Peek into Hong Kong Autonomy Act
- Top Hedge Fund Industry Trends for 2021 https://t.co/e93YhqDw3D https://t.co/BUnAeESwmW
- Top Hedge Fund Industry Trends for 2021
- #LegallyThinking 2021 | AI: use and abuse — what does it mean for the future of law? https://t.co/bVbLAbIIXS https://t.co/2tIprYOybx
- #LegallyThinking 2021 | AI: use and abuse — what does it mean for the future of law?