Category: Diversity & Inclusion
In the #Spotlight: Dorf & Nelson – First US Law Firm To Receive Gender Fair Designation. Gender Fair is the world’s first consumer rating system for gender equality.
Presented by High Performance Counsel #hipcounsel
High Performance Counsel Presents #SELFIESWITHSONYA: Jennifer Salinas of Lenovo – and President of the Hispanic National Bar Association – In Interview With Sonya Olds Som
High Performance Counsel Presents #SELFIESWITHSONYA: Jennifer Salinas of Lenovo – and President of the Hispanic National Bar Association – In Interview With Sonya Olds Som #hipcounselRead More
High Performance Counsel Presents #SelfiesWithSonya: Meredith Ritchie: General Counsel & Chief Ethics Officer for Alliant In Interview With Sonya Olds Som
On #SelfiesWithSonya: Meredith Ritchie: General Counsel & Chief Ethics Officer for Alliant In Interview With Sonya Olds Som For High Performance Counsel #hipcounselRead More
On #SelfiesWithSonya: Raymond R. Ferrell, EVP General Counsel & Corporate Secretary with DexYP – In Interview With Sonya Olds Som for High Performance Counsel
On #SelfiesWithSonya: Raymond R. Ferrell, EVP General Counsel & Corporate Secretary with DexYP – In Interview With Sonya Olds Som for High Performance Counsel. #hipcounselRead More
On #SelfiesWithSonya: LaTanya Langley – Vice President & General Counsel of BIC International – In Interview With Sonya Olds Som
As I child, I always new I would be a lawyer. I was obsessed with court shows and I often had trials with my dolls. Women’s rights was always an agenda for me even at a young age.Read More
We interview Sonya Olds Som aka “The Connector” in our latest episode of #BakersDozen.
A consummate professional herself, Sonya is a source of advice, insight and inspiration to countless legal professionals in today’s legal industry.
We like what Sonya is about. We think you will also. This is a must-read.
Sonya Olds Som, Partner at Major, Lindsey & Africa, Honored as Executive of the Year by the National Bar Association General Counsel Invitational
Sonya Olds Som, a partner with legal search firm Major, Lindsey & Africa (MLA), has been honored as “Executive of the Year” by the National Bar Association General Counsel Invitational (NBA GCI) at its third annual conference in New York City.Read More
The Alliance for Equality in Dispute Resolution (The Alliance), established by Rashda Rana SC and Lucy Greenwood, today announced the date of the formal launch in London. High Performance Counsel to act as Media PartnerRead More
David is enjoying a wonderful career and has been blessed with opportunities for which some wait their entire careers. He’s marshaled several multibillion dollar deals through the regulatory processes.Read More
The legal profession has a dismal record on diversity—especially large law firms. Between 2007 and 2015, there was a decline in the number of black attorneys in big firms.Read More
Those who think gender diversity on boards is merely “for the sake of diversity” can learn from Cisco’s example – our expert Contributors argue. Olga V. Mack and Neha Sareen make the connection between how business is done – and good business. They point to industry leader Cisco, where innovation in tech is matched by innovation in corporate culture. Cisco is one of the few companies that has recognized the importance of gender diversity on its board: when diverse leaders make big picture decisions, corporate culture thrives, and corporate growth follows. You can read their analysis here.Read More
Usually what we think of as “impossible” is merely “improbable,” and achieving it is just a question of strategy.Read More
Nancy May, CEO of the BoardBench Companies, is a leading authority on Boardroom candidacy and governance. In this article, she invites us to take a look at how you can go about finding “diverse directors.” Keep in mind that, if you don’t know what you value, setting clear objectives and finding practical solutions will always make the process much harder.Read More
Nancy May: CEO, BoardBench Companies Tell me, simply: What’s the purpose of being in...Read More
I worked in one of Canada’s largest law firms as a Director of Finance in mid 200s and went back to law school as a second career in 2008. I never wrote the bar and decided instead to start…Read More
stay in touch
Get our latest Interviews & Leadership Briefings by email – subscribe here:
LEADERS OF TOP ORGANIZATIONS TALK TO HPC
Recent News & Updates
- #GuiseOnJustice – Want to make a Small Claim? This explains how to do it! by Tony Guise | April 2022
- #TakeTheNextStep | Becky Wells, Performance Coach and Experienced Hypnotherapist
- #GuiseOnJustice – The future of Small Claims litigation in England and Wales by Tony Guise | February 2022
- #GuiseOnJustice – So you have a Small Claim? How much time have you got to spend on that? by Tony Guise | January 2022
- On #CallingOnChristine – In 2022, I will . . .
- Legal Services: Build for a Digital Future. Improve Delivery in the Present.
- #GuiseOnJustice – The winds of change: dispute resolution and litigation in England and Wales in late 2021 by Tony Guise | November 2021
- #LegallyThinking : Back to business with new challenges: what are legal tech experts talking about, and why should lawyers care? by Stuart McMillan
- #GuiseOnJustice – Virtuous circle or vicious cycle: the Ministry of Justice increase Court fees, again! by Tony Guise | September 2021
- #LegallyThinking : The battle of ideas is about to begin, but many law firms are already ahead of the game. What happens next? by Stuart McMillan
- TODAY - THURSDAY MAY 5, 2022 - OLD CATS AGM Info here / save the date - you can attend and vote in person OR virtu… https://t.co/9hNT93q2aN
- CALLING ALL OLD CATS > THIS THURSDAY MAY 5, 2022 OLD CATS AGM. I am standing for office - and I would appreciate yo… https://t.co/zWuIV4RnGm
- Don't sweat it. Sort it. Call or visit us today: (0207) 993 2729 | https://t.co/Iqikp2iIRe @CMacCafferty Stuart M… https://t.co/KVlwYW5dre
- Tell us about YOUR case. Visit or call Small Claims Portal at https://t.co/Iqikp2iIRe / 0207 993 2729 - or arrange… https://t.co/RSVL4LwMBN
- Don't struggle with County Court litigation! Help and information is readily available at Small Claims Portal - ca… https://t.co/lhaO2FbJAe
- If you're facing Small Claims or County Court litigation then a great place to start and learn more about the proce… https://t.co/5FeVBxmt4F
- #GuiseOnJustice - Want to make a Small Claim? This explains how to do it! by Tony Guise | March 2022… https://t.co/btEBxCxsVK